January 21, 2021
MEDASSET participates in the project “Conservation of marine turtles in the Mediterranean Region” that is funded by the MAVA Foundation and which aims to minimize or eliminate human induced direct mortality of the species at Mediterranean level.
MEDASSET is seeking to contract a Consultant in relation to Activity 2.1.3 – Albania: Set-up national stranding network
The objective is for the consultant to deliver expert knowledge and guidance for the elaboration and finalization of a holistic, thorough and feasible proposal for the set-up of a national sea turtle stranding network in Albania. The process will include research, meetings, interviews, consultations, and elaboration of a technical document that shall undergo a consultation and feedback process. The consultant’s input will be based on successful existing stranding networks in the Mediterranean (and beyond), taking into account the local conditions, institutional and legal framework.
The consultant is expected to have the following skills and expertise:
– Advanced degrees in marine biology or environmental sciences, veterinary medicine, political science, law or related disciplines.
– Experience in working on sea turtle protection or biology.
– Experience in working on the set-up or operation of sea turtle stranding networks.
– Experience in Albania and/or the Mediterranean region, is an asset.
– Knowledge of international conventions and treaties for the conservation and management of marine turtles.
– Excellent writing and communication skills in English, with the ability to write high-quality unambiguous texts.
– Proven ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
– Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with diverse cultures and people.
Proposals must be received electronically at the following e-mail address:
[email protected], before 10 February 2021, with the following subject: “Design of national sea turtle stranding network in Albania- Applicant name”.
Should questions or need for clarification related to these terms of reference and their content arise, these may submitted by e-mail to: [email protected] no later than five (5) calendar days before the deadline for the proposal submission.
A total maximum budget available for this call for consultancy is 1.600,00 EURO
Travel expenses (if needed) for the accomplishment of the assignment are not included in this budget, and will be covered by MEDASSET.
For more details, download the full consultancy call: