October 5, 2020
MEDASSET is seeking a senior professional with commitment to MEDASSET’s values and mission, as a full-time Managing Coordinator at its Head Office in Central Athens, Greece, leading the team of between 5 and 10 full and part time staff.
MEDASSET – the Mediterranean Association to Save the Sea Turtles – is an international environmental non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 1988, working for the conservation of sea turtles and their habitats throughout the Mediterranean. It is involved in conservation and scientific research programmes, public awareness campaigns, environmental education, conservation initiatives and lobbying decision-makers.
• Day-to-day management of office and staff. Development of work plans and allocation of responsibilities.
• Regular coordination with and reporting to the Board of Directors, in particular the President.
• Maintenance of existing relationships with partner organisations and development and nurture of new ones.
• Financial planning, reporting and budget management.
• Strategic planning and organisational development, under the guidance of the Board.
• Policy, procedure and indicator setting. Design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation processes. Performance assessment.
• Political lobbying, representation of the organisation, networking and relationship building at a national (Greek), Mediterranean, and international level.
• Authoring articles, papers, presentations, etc.
• Guidance and supervision of the fundraising effort. Supporting current funders/donors/sponsors and seeking/cultivating new potential sources of funding.
• Seeking opportunities and partnerships for new, externally funded projects and programmes; pursuing and developing these.
• Under the guidance of the Board, ensuring the effective management and implementation of MEDASSET’s:
a) Current projects (including EU-funded programmes) in collaboration with external partners and staff
b) Communication and promotional effort
c) Educational programmes
d) Fundraising effort
e) Financial reporting, accounting and record keeping
Qualifications & Skills:
• Master’s or higher level university degree in marine sciences, biology, environmental sciences, political sciences or management with relevant professional experience of at least seven years, OR, a bachelor’s degree in these disciplines with relevant professional experience of at least ten years.
• Proven commitment to environmental protection
• Presentation and public speaking skills
• Proven track record of effective management
• Excellent written and oral Greek and English language skills
• IT and computer software skills (Microsoft Windows & Office, Email, Internet, etc.)
• Knowledge of international and EU environmental policies, legislation and structures
Strong diplomatic and conflict management skills; flexible and consensus-seeking personality
Available for national and international travel
• Male Greek citizens should have fulfilled their military obligations
Applicants are requested to send their CV and cover letter* in English (and optionally, also in Greek) to [email protected]
*Please note: Applications lacking a cover letter will not be considered