5 Οκτωβρίου, 2020
MEDASSET, the Mediterranean Association to Save the Sea Turtles, an international environmental non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 1988 and located in Athens, Greece, is working for the conservation of sea turtles and their habitats throughout the Mediterranean. For more than 30 years, MEDASSET has been successfully carrying out activities related to conservation and scientific research, public awareness, environmental education and policy/advocacy with key decision-makers with the aim to improve the conservation status of sea turtles and the state of the coastal and marine environment in the Mediterranean.
MEDASSET is seeking an experienced and dynamic communications professional, with strong commitment to environmental protection and in particular MEDASSET’s mission and values, as a full-time Communications Officer at its Head Office in central Athens, Greece. The position will report to MEDASSET’s Director.
- Developing and/or up-dating the organisation’s communications strategy, visual identity and work plan, incl. branding policies/guidelines, notably on the occasion of MEDASSET’s “30th Anniversary”.
- Designing and implementing public awareness campaigns and other larger public communication actions.
- Planning and implementing of communication activities in the framework of large multi-partner projects funded by the EU or other international donors.
- Writing and publishing articles and press releases on behalf of MEDASSET to be posted on the organisation’s website, Facebook page, Twitter and/or disseminated to the media.
- In charge of relations with international and national (in particular Greek) media, notably for interviews or to prepare interviews for MEDASSET’s President and Director.
- Overseeing graphic designers, photographers, video producers, web designers, printing companies and other external collaborators required for the production processes.
- Support to the Director re. the preparation of presentations, speaking points and other relevant communications/promotion material in view of important international events, PR activities and for donor engagement purposes (incl. project portfolio brochure, etc.).
- Support to relevant Programme/Project officers and the Scientific officer in the design, drafting and production of technical publications, factsheets and other background/information material.
- Effective collaboration with the Education officer on educational programmes and ad hoc support to other activities, as needed.
Qualifications & skills:
- Bachelor’s or higher level university degree in communications, pulbic relations and/or marketing, with a relevant experience of at least 4 years in an environmental non-governmental organization (NGO), or a bachelor’s degree or higher in another discipline with relevant professional experience of at least 7 years in an environmental NGO, preferrably with international/regional exposure.
- Proven experience in handling corporate communications – incl. developing communication strategies and plans, organisational identity (visuals, logos, slogans, etc.), branding guidelines, development of communications materials (brochures, leaflets, banners, templates, videos, website content, slideshows, etc.) – required.
- Commitment to environmental protection and sustainable development necessary. Knowledge of issues related to sea turtles ecology and the marine environment (e.g. nesting beaches, marine litter, by-catch, etc.) in a Mediterranean context of advantage.
- Proven experience in conducting public awareness campaigns on environmental/nature conservation topics, incl. addressing the larger public, the mass media and more targeted audiences required, preferrably at Mediterranean level.
- Experience in designing and implementing communications activities within the framework of EU-funded or other international multi-partner projects required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, incl. extensive presentation and public speaking skills, in English and Greek required. Knowledge of additional Mediterranean languages (Arabic, Turkish, French, Italian or Spanish) of advantage.
- Thorough IT and computer software skills, in particular related to communications (Microsoft Windows & Office, Email, Internet, Social Media, MailChimp, customer-relationship management date bases, etc.) highly desirable.
- Strong organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills required. Team-player and optimistic/constructive personality preferred. Time flexibility desirable.
- Male Greek citizens should have fulfilled their military obligations.
MEDASSET offers a competitive salary, career development opportunities and flexible working hours. MEDASSET is a gender-equitable and green employer.
Expected starting date: Beginning of March, 2018
Application procedure: Applicants are invited to send their CV and cover letter* in English to [email protected] by Sunday, 18th February, 2018 (midnight, Greek local time).
*Please note: Applications lacking a cover letter will not be considered.