5 Οκτωβρίου, 2020
Job title: Programmes Officer
Application deadline: October 9th, 2016
Duration: 10-12 months (Maternity leave cover)
MEDASSET is seeking a fulltime Programmes Officer at its Central Athens head office in Greece.
Job Purpose: Leading advocacy/lobbying campaigns and conservation & research projects in relation to sea turtle populations and habitats, marine and coastal biodiversity across the Mediterranean. Reports to: Director.
• Developing and implementing environmental advocacy campaigns. Report writing and presentation to international conventions and national authorities.
• Managing and/or implementing research or conservation projects, ensuring delivery within budget and on time.
• Researching funding sources and calls, writing and submitting proposals.
• Developing partnerships and maintaining relationships with NGOs, scientists, authorities, stakeholders, funders, etc.
• Writing and editing articles, press releases, scientific papers and other material. Attending national/international meetings and conferences, and presenting posters or oral presentations.
• Administrative work, including internal reporting, filing, data retrieval, correspondence, database updating, etc.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
• Master’s or higher level university degree in biology, marine or environmental sciences and at least 1 year of relevant professional experience. Or, a bachelor degree in these disciplines with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Knowledge of international and EU environmental policies, legislation and structures
• Excellent written and oral English language skills.
• Excellent computer software skills (Email, Internet, Microsoft Windows and Office).
• Ability to form and maintain partnerships in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural work environment.
• Commitment to environmental protection
• Professional experience in proposal writing, project management and/or fieldwork
• Availability to travel nationally and internationally.
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to quickly pick up new skills, proactive, efficient and able to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
• EU national or holder of a valid permit to work in Greece. Male Greek citizens should have fulfilled their military obligations.
• Knowledge of Greek and/or other Mediterranean languages.
• Experience of working in the NGO sector.
• Other software skills such as GIS, Photoshop, etc
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to: [email protected] . Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and will be required to submit 2 reference letters and proof of qualifications required (certificates, etc).
MEDASSET – the Mediterranean Association to Save the Sea Turtles – is an international environmental non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 1988, working for the conservation of sea turtles and their habitats throughout the Mediterranean. It is involved in conservation and scientific research programmes, public awareness, environmental education, conservation initiatives and lobbying decision-makers.