6 Σεπτεμβρίου, 2023
MEDASSET is seeking a Project/Scientific Officer
Application deadline: September 15, 2023
Duration: Twelve months fixed contract.
MEDASSET is seeking a fulltime Project Officer at its Central Athens head office in Greece.
Job Purpose: Participating in advocacy/ lobbying activities and participating/ leading conservation & research projects in relation to sea turtle populations and habitats, marine and coastal biodiversity across the Mediterranean.
Reports to: Director
- Managing and/ or implementing research or conservation projects, in the Mediterranean region and ensuring delivery within budget and on time.
- Fieldwork as needed for the implementation of the projects, both nationally and internationally.
- Developing and implementing environmental advocacy campaigns.
- Report writing and presentations to international conventions and national authorities.
- Researching funding sources and calls, writing and submitting project proposals.
- Developing partnerships and maintaining relationships with NGOs, scientists, authorities, stakeholders, funders, etc.
- Writing and editing articles, press releases, scientific papers and other material. Attending national / international meetings and conferences, presenting activities’ progress, and representing MEDASSET.
- Administrative work, including internal reporting, filing, data retrieval, correspondence, database updating, etc.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Master’s or higher level university degree, recognized in Greece if from an international institution, in marine biology or environmental sciences and at least 1 year of relevant professional experience or a bachelor degree in these disciplines with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of EU and national environmental and fisheries related policies, legislation and structures.
- Excellent written and oral Greek and English language skills.
- Excellent computer software skills.
- Ability to form and maintain partnerships in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural work environment.
- Possess a strong motivation and commitment for environmental protection.
- Ability to work as a team member and possessing a flexible work approach to achieve project objectives and tasks.
- Professional experience in proposal writing, project management and fieldwork.
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to quickly pick up new skills, proactive, efficient and able to multi-task and prioritize workloads.
- EU national or holder of a valid permit to work in Greece. Male Greek citizens should have fulfilled their military obligations.
- Valid automobile driver’s license.
- Knowledge of other Mediterranean languages.
- Experience of working in the NGO sector.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment/ have worked abroad.
- Other software skills such as GIS, Photoshop, etc.
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter describing how you meet the required qualifications and skills to: [email protected]
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and will be required to submit 2 reference letters and proof of qualifications required (certificates, etc.).