April 1, 2019
MEDASSET, The Mediterranean Association to Save the Sea Turtles, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) founded in 1988, working for the conservation of sea turtles and their habitats throughout the Mediterranean. It is involved in conservation and scientific research programmes, public awareness, environmental education, conservation initiatives and lobbying decision-makers.
MEDASSET is seeking a full time Communications and Public Relations Officer to join its communication team, based in the office in central Athens, Greece. This is a post requiring flexibility, excellent language (Greek and English) and IT skills. It offers ample scope for creativity.
The successful candidate will work closely with the current Communication Officer and the rest of the team, ensuring awareness of all current projects while remaining alert for new opportunities to publicise and promote the organisation and its work. The Communications & PR Officer reports to the Director and maintains a clear understanding of MEDASSET’s objectives and priorities, taking additional guidance from the Board and President.
- Contribute to the updating, management and implementation of MEDASSET’s Communications Strategy and Plan, aiming to enhance media penetration, online visibility and increase public awareness of issues relevant to the preservation of the marine environment in general and sea turtles in particular
- Supervise and manage the design, updating, and maintenance of MEDASSET’s website
- Develop, write and post content for a wide range of social media in coordination with the MEDASSET team, ensuring online visibility, consistency of style and giving prominence to issues identified as topical and /or of strategic importance
- Evaluate social media and website analytics and make recommendations for improvements.
- Support activities and events that MEDASSET organizes or participates in
- Design and produce relevant communications or promotional hard-copy or electronic material (presentations, invitations, newsletters, season’s greetings, posters, leaflets, brochures, factsheets, infographics) and other outreach and communication tools.
- Review documents and materials intended for use within and outside the organisation, ensuring consistency and validity of messages.
- Coordinate the production process for publications and other communications material, including liaison with designers, printers, film/video makers etc.
- Manage editorial coordination across all departments and programmes
- Support the implementation of projects that MEDASSET implements, coordinates, or participates in.
- Cooperate with and assist the Events Coordinator Officer for events management
- Ensure appropriate permissions have been obtained for the use in MEDASSET’s PR effort of all copyrighted materials
- Ensure the PR and publicity effort of the organisation is compliant with EU GDPR legislation in cooperation with the organisation’s nominated GDPR Officer
- Contribute to the identification of key communications opportunities and moments and maximise their potential
- Maintain regular communication and promote cooperation with sponsors, donors, members, “Friends”, supporters, other NGOs, etc.
- Respond to general queries and provide information to the public
- 4 years of proven professional experience in designing and executing communication activities, preferably related to environmental programmes
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as communications, marketing, media studies, journalism or public relations). A Master’s degree is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in Greek and English
- Thorough IT and computer software skills, in particular related to communications (Microsoft Windows & Office, Email, Internet, Social Media, MailChimp, customer-relationship management date bases, etc.)
- Website management skills and knowledge of WordPress
- Graphic design skills and experience with design software (e.g. Photoshop, Corel, Publisher)
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by the ability to prioritize, establish and follow through on a course of action, and adopt a proactive approach with an ability to multi-task
- Candidates must be available for occasional travel and out of hours’ work
Desirable skills & competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience of working with an environmental NGO or other civil society organization
- Ability to create and maintain partnerships in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven knowledge of and/or certification in new privacy and personal data management requirements (GDPR)
- Ability to work within deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter in English explaining why you wish to join MEDASSET’s team to: [email protected] no later than 19/04/19.
Please note: applications NOT accompanied by a cover letter will not be considered.
According to the European Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, your personal information that you send to MEDASSET for a specific reason will be maintained in MEDASSET database in a secure way for no more than six months.